Available now: Pocket 4.1.2 for Android with enhanced settings, true black background, and improved device support
Our latest update to Pocket on Android, version 4.1.2, is now available for Android in Google Play, and will soon be available in Amazon’s Appstore.
This update includes a number of fixes and improvements, as well as some new settings for reading that have been highly requested among our users.
For devices with OLED screens, users can now enable the “True Black” option which sets the Article View background to absolute black instead of dark gray.
While reading, there is now one consolidated toolbar at the top of the screen. This allows for easier access to options without having to scroll to the top, and includes an option to delete the article that’s currently open.
In addition, we added the options to disable Page Flipping while reading, and the ability to turn off the Rotation Lock.
- Resolved issues with the HTC Flyer and Evo View
- Smaller tablets now have the proper Tile View layout
- Improved Page Flipping detection
- Fixed an issue where the keyboard would close while typing in the search field
- Resolved a crash and that occurred while syncing
- “How to Save” help page appeared blank
- Addressed an issue where the initial downloading process would never complete
Thanks, as always, for your great feedback. Share your questions and suggestions at help.getpocket.com.