Version 1.2 of the iPhone app will bring a large number of improvements. The main focus is speed, compatibility, and usibility.
In terms of speed:
- Downloading the offline web view is now 2-5 times faster.
- Downloading the text only view is 10 times faster.
In terms of compatibility:
- Almost 99% of the websites I’ve tested appear almost exactly the same as the online view. Every site users have reported to me now work.
- The text view script has been rewritten and will work much better and for a larger number of sites.
- Multi-page support. If there is a site that breaks your content over multiple pages, Read It Later will detect it and combine them!
In terms of usability:
- A number of interface tweaks to improve how you react with the app.
There are some other features that are in the works. I will make another announcement when the app is submitted to the review process.